Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Drawing

Well here goes. In 2004 I started to work on this drawing technique and never finished it. Actually I have started to work through these exercises several times over the last 10 years without ever completing it. I thought that if I shared it with the world then I may just stick to it.
Betty Edwards, I believe, has a great technique for learning how to draw.
I have been teaching art for about 17 years and although I am an ok drawer I never feel as if I am good enough. Art teachers are meant to be good at art and are meant to be able to prove themselves, yet we dont ever question an English teacher who has not written a book or a maths teacher who is not solving problems on the weekend.
I plan to work through this book and see what happens. I give my students this excercise to do so I should do it myself.
I love to paint but have found it very difficult to find time, I am hoping that will change to. I noe have this amazing new studio space in my beautiful new home. So NO MORE PUTTING THINGS OFF.
If you are interested in drawing then I highly recomend Betty's book.
Happy creating.

No comments:

Post a Comment